Early Bird Registration
Early Bird Registration Period
Friday, April 14th, 2023 – Friday, August 4th, 2023
*The Registration fee and the banquet fee are payable by credit card only.
Other payment methods including by cash or money transfer will not be accepted.
Please click the “Registration Website” below to proceed to the Registration process.
Early Bird Registration and On-site Registration Fees (taxable).
|Registration Type||Early Bird||On-site|
|General Participants||6,000 yen||7,000 yen|
|School teachers||2,000 yen||3,000 yen|
|Graduate students||3,000 yen||3,500 yen|
|High school students and undergraduate students
Invited and requested speakers from overseas
||All participants: 6,000 yen||All participants: 7,000 yen
*Registration is required for downloading an Online Abstract Book. Please complete the registration process in advance even if the fee is free for your participation.
- All participants in the International Symposium for the 80th Anniversary of the Tohoku Branch of the Chemical Society of Japan (2023 Joint Meeting of the Tohoku Area Chemistry Societies) (hereinafter “the Symposium”) are required to complete the registration and payment process, with some exceptions.
- The registration fee and the banquet fee are payable by credit card only.
Other payment methods including by cash or money transfer will not be accepted, whether it is before or during the Symposium.
- All participation fees are non-refundable.
- High school students and undergraduate students can participate free of charge, but they still need to complete the registration process from the Registration Website shown above. (Note: They need to pay banquet fees, if participating.)
About Presentation Applications (*IMPORTANT)
Languages for the Symposium: English preferred
*Click here for Information about languages for presentations. Please read thoroughly as this is very important.
About Poster Presentations by High School Students
Presentation Application Period： Closed
Friday, April 14th, 2023 – Friday, July 7, 2023
Presentation Application Website
Presentation Applications need to be completed for:
Invited lectures, requested lectures, chemistry education oral presentations, and all poster presentations
※Poster presentations will be held in-person (the presentation style can be changed based on the situation about the COVID-19).
*Important notes regarding the Presentation Application
- All Presentation Applications must be submitted with the name of the person who will give the presentation at the Symposium.
- Registered presentation titles and names of authors will be included in the program section of the Online Abstract Book. Please make sure the title and names are correct.
- Presentation applicants will receive emails regarding how to upload their abstracts.
- Please submit the data in advance so that online participants can view the poster (PDF). You will be notified by email about where to submit your application in mid-August.
- If there are any questions, please contact the Office by email at:
nikka.tohoku*chemistry.or.jp (Change * to ＠)
Note: If we decide to hold the Symposium as an entirely virtual event because of future circumstances, all presentations will be displayed online.
Please note that, due to the nature of virtual events, it is possible that some of the presentation content may be recorded with participants’ smartphones or in other ways, although the participation policy for the Symposium prohibits it.
Abstract Submission Period
Friday, June 30, 2023 – Friday, July 14, 2023
Copyrights of the content of the Online Abstract Book will be assigned to the Tohoku Branch of the Chemical Society of Japan. Therefore, content may be posted at other places when the Tohoku Branch of the Chemical Society of Japan determines the need for it, and if third parties request permission to quote some of the content, the Branch will consider the request and decide whether the permission will be given or not.
Online Abstract Book
- [Online Abstract Book] Coming soon
- Registration ID and password are required to access the Online Abstract Book.
- Please make sure you have them ready.
- Monday, September 4th, 2023
- Monday, September 4th, 2023 *No change can be made after it becomes available.
[The publication date of the Online Abstract Book]
If you cannot (or could not) attend the Symposium due to unforeseen circumstances
Please let the Office know if you find out that you would not be able to attend the Symposium.
Please note that all fees are non-refundable.
Contact us with any questions about the Symposium
The Office of the Tohoku Branch of the Chemical Society of Japan
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Tohoku University
6-3 Aza-Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba-ku, Sendai,
Miyagi 980-8578, Japan
Phone/Fax: 022-224-3883 (Only for outside calls)
(Change * to ＠)
The Office cannot answer phone calls during the Symposium.